Yucatan Meat Pie
Mashed sweet plantains rest above ground beef, cheese, and fresh veggies in our Yucatan Meat Pie. It's a beef recipe with a plethora of flavors that will please your palate.
- Recipe Serves: 8
- Prep Time 40 min
- Cook Time 35 min
- 3 lbs. ripe sweet plantains, peeled, cut into chunks, cooked, drained and mashed
- 9 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1/4 cup milk, warmed
- 3 Knorr® Garlic MiniCube(s)
- 3/4 cup crumbled queso fresco, divided
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 2 Knorr® Chipotle MiniCube(s)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine hot plantains, 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) Country Crock® Spread, milk, Knorr® Garlic MiniCube(s) and 1/4 cup cheese in medium bowl; set aside and keep warm.
- Brown ground beef in 12-inch nonstick skillet; remove and set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon Spread in same skillet over medium heat and cook onion and carrots, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes. Add zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return ground beef to skillet. Stir in remaining ingredients and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Evenly spoon ground beef mixture into 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Top with plantain mixture, then sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
*SUBSTITUTION: Use 2-1/2 lbs. cooked yuca instead of plantains.
* TIP: Try using 1 bag (16 oz.) thawed frozen mixed vegetables instead of carrot, zucchini and corn.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||250|
|Total Fat||28 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbs||72 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
|Vitamin C||80 %|
|Vitamin A||130 %|