Recipe Serves: 4
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Portion 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||260|
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||27 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||35 %|
|Vitamin C||110 %|
Quick Tortilla Soup
- 1/4 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 4 ounces chorizo sausage, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup Simple Sofrito*
- 3 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 cup crumbled plain tortilla chips
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Melt Spread in medium saucepan over medium heat and brown chorizo, about 4 minutes. Stir in chicken and cook 1 minute. Stir in Simple Sofrito and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Stir in water, Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and tortilla chips. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat, then stir in lime juice and cilantro. Serve, if desired, with additional crumbled tortilla chips, queso fresco and/or sour cream.
- *Simple Sofrito: Process 1 cup fresh cilantro, 1 large onion, coarsely chopped, 2 large bell peppers, coarsely chopped, and 2 cloves garlic in food processor until all is finely chopped. Heat 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil over medium heat and cook vegetable mixture with 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce and 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon partially covered, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes. Remove cover and cook, stirring frequently, an additional 20 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use. Makes 1 quart sofrito.
- Cost per recipe*: $7.94. Cost per serving*: $1.99. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.