Recipe Serves: 4
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
Caramelized Onion Rice
- 3 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 2 large onions, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup uncooked regular rice [or converted rice]
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Melt 2 tablespoon Country Crock® Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onions, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 1 tablespoon Spread in 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat and cook rice, stirring frequently, 2 minutes or until rice is golden. Stir in garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Add water and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Combine onions with rice, then turn into 1-1/2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with cheese, then broil until cheese is melted and golden brown.