Recipe Serves: 12
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||23 minutes|
Rice Pilaf with Peas & Pine Nuts
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1/4 cup white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 tsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon, divided
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup thawed frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Melt Country Crock® Spread in 3-quart saucepot over medium heat and cook onion with garlic, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in rice, 3 teaspoons Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes. Stir in peas and cook 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in pine nuts, remaining 1 teaspoon Bouillon and, if desired, black pepper.
- Cost per recipe*: $5.55. Cost per serving*: $0.46. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.