Asparagus Risotto with Chervil
A Chef Marco Pierre White recipe
- Recipe Serves: 6
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 45 min
- 14 ounces asparagus
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken
- 4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Country Crock® Spreadable Butter With Canola Oil
- 6 sprigs fresh chervil or fresh parsley
- Remove tips from asparagus, peel and cut stems into 1/4-inch thick slices; set both aside. Stir Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken into hot water; set aside and keep warm.
- Heat oil in heavy-duty saucepan and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly colored, about 5 minutes. Stir in rice and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Stir in wine and cook 1 minute.
- Pour in just enough Stock to cover rice. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently and gradually stirring in Stock, until liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes. If necessary, stir in additional hot water, 1/2 cup at a time, until rice is tender.
- Stir in asparagus during last 5 minutes of cooking. Stir in Parmesan, Spreadable Butter and chervil. Garnish, if desired, with additional fresh chervil or parsley.
Cost per recipe*: $10.70
Cost per serving*: $1.78
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||100|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||47 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin C||10 %|
|Vitamin A||20 %|