Recipe Serves: 8
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||12 minutes|
Warm Bacon & Shallot Spinach Salad
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large shallot [or small onion ], finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Beef
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 package (11 oz.) baby spinach leaves
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Cook bacon in medium saucepan until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Cook shallot in reserved drippings over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Beef and bring to a boil. Stir in vinegar, maple syrup and olive oil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Season, if desired, with ground black pepper.
- Arrange spinach, apples, cranberries and bacon on large serving platter. Drizzle with warm dressing and serve immediately.