Ancho Tamarind Pork Stew
Enjoy the hot, bold flavor of our Ancho Tamarind Pork Stew. This pork recipe combines ancho chili peppers with a medley of spices that add a kick to every bite you take.
- Recipe Serves: 6
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 2 hr 15 min
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 dried ancho chili peppers
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 3 lbs. boneless pork shoulder, cut into stew cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin seed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups tamarind nectar
- 1 can (6 oz.) pineapple juice
- 2 Knorr® Chicken flavored Bouillon Cube(s)
- Pour boiling water over ancho chili pepper; let stand covered 10 minutes. Process pepper with water in blender or mini food processor; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Spread in deep large skillet and cook 1/2 of the pork over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 4 minutes. Remove pork from skillet and repeat with remaining Spread and pork; set aside.
- Stir onion into same skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in cumin and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Stir in ancho puree and cook, stirring occasionally 2 minutes. Stir in tamarind nectar, pineapple juice, Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cubes, and pork. Simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 1 hour. Partially remove cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until pork is tender, about 1 hour. Garnish, if desired, with chopped cilantro.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||280|
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||15 %|
|Vitamin C||35 %|