Recipe Serves: 8
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||190 minutes|
|Portion 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||37 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||180 %|
|Vitamin C||80 %|
Argentinian Beef Stew
- 2 lbs. cubed lean boneless chuck stew meat
- 2 tsp. Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 lb. potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes [or yams], peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups Ragu® Sauce
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- Toss beef with Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon. Melt 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Spread in 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat and brown beef, in batches. Remove beef from saucepot and set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon Spread in same saucepot and cook onion and green pepper, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in water, beef, apricots and raisins. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, until beef is almost tender, about 2 hours.
- Stir in potatoes and simmer until potatoes are almost tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in Sauce and corn and simmer until beef and potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- See nutritional information for saturated fat content.