Recipe Serves: 6
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
|Chill Time||240 minutes|
Creme Brulee French Toast
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 6 slices Italian bread [or French bread, (about 1 in. thick)]
- 1 1/2 cups half and half [or light cream]
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt Country Crock® Spread over medium heat and stir in sugar and corn syrup until smooth.
- In 13 x 9-inch baking dish, evenly pour sugar mixture, then add bread slices, arranging in 1 layer.
- In large bowl, with wire whisk, blend remaining ingredients. Evenly pour over bread slices, pressing bread down until some liquid is absorbed. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove dish from refrigerator and bring to room temperature. Bake uncovered 35 minutes or until bread is golden brown. Serve warm and, if desired, with sliced strawberries.