Recipe Serves: 12
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
|Chill Time||240 minutes|
Pastel de Tres Leches
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Spread, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish; set aside.
- Combine milks in large bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg whites, baking soda and salt in another large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, then egg yolks until blended. With rubber spatula, stir in melted Country Crock® Spread. Fold in flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until blended. Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Slowly pour milk mixture evenly over hot cake. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve, if desired, with whipped cream.