Scrumptious Caramel Swirl Bars
- Makes 16 bars
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 35 min
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 9 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 3 ounces white chocolate (not morsels)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract, (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 Tbsp. dark or light corn syrup
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream or whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 9-inch square baking pan; set aside.
- For batter, in medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In small saucepan, melt 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) Country Crock® Spread and white chocolate over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, with electric mixer, beat eggs until frothy, about 2 minutes. Beat in granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar and extracts, scraping sides occasionally. While beating, gradually drizzle in chocolate mixture. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into prepared pan.
- For caramel, in small saucepan, heat remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon Spread and corn syrup over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and continue boiling 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from heat, then stir in cream. Let cool 1 minute, then immediately drizzle over batter in pan. Using over and under motion, gently swirl with tip of knife to marble.
- Bake uncovered 35 minutes or until golden and set in center. On wire rack, cool completely. To serve, cut into squares.
|Portion||per serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||6 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|