- Makes 22 tamale
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 1 hr 8 min
- 22 corn husks
- 3 1/2 cups strawberries, cut into quarters (about 1-1/2 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 cups masa harina for tamales
- 1 1/4 cups milk, slightly more or less
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- Soak corn husks in warm water until soft, about 1 hour. Drain and throughly dry corn husks.
- Toss strawberries with 1/4 cup sugar in medium bowl. Cook strawberries in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent burning, until bubbling and thick, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat; add the lemon zest. let cool.
- For masa dough, beat Country Crock® Spread with remaining 4 tablespoons sugar on medium speed with paddle attachment until fluffy and beat until well combined. Beat in masa harina, a little at a time, then baking powder. Mix until course crumbles form. Slowly add in milk until dough is dense but still moist.
- Spread 1/4 cup masa dough onto each husk. Place 2 or three strawberry pieces in the middle of the masa dough. Fold sides of corn husk to center, wrapping the filling. Fold one end of corn husk up against the seam to seal.
- Arrange tamales vertically in steamer basket over a pot over boiling water, top with extra husks. Cover with lid and steam until husks pull away from filling, about 45 minutes. Check water level often and add additional water as necessary to avoid burning tamales. Cool tamales 3 minutes before serving.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||35|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||4 %|
|Vitamin C||20 %|