Recipe Serves: 8
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
|Stand Time||1 hours|
|Portion 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||40 %|
|Vitamin C||15 %|
Asparagus, Peas & Swiss Cheese Casserole
- 1/2 whole grain French baguette, (about 5 oz.), cut into 16 slices
- 4 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 4 cups assorted cut-up cooked vegetables (asparagus and/or peas)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced fat Swiss Cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- Spread 1 side of bread slices with 3 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread; set aside. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onions, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add vegetables; toss to mix and coat.
- Layer 1/2 of the bread, vegetables and cheese in greased shallow 3-quart baking dish; repeat with remaining ingredients. Combine eggs with milk in medium bowl; pour over top of casserole and lightly press bread to cover. Cover; chill 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 40 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Cost per recipe*: $12.84 Cost per serving*: $1.61 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.