Recipe Serves: 4
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
|Portion 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||150|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||66 g|
|Dietary Fiber||16 g|
|Vitamin A||150 %|
|Vitamin C||50 %|
Biscuit-Topped Chicken & Vegetable Casserole
- 3 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups assorted cut-up cooked vegetables (green beans, carrots and broccoli)
- 1 cup reduced-fat buttermilk baking mix
- Preheat oven to 375°. Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken with onion, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked through and onion is tender, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle flour over mixture and cook 1 minute.
- Stir broth into skillet and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in vegetables and return to boil. Remove from heat and pour into 8-inch baking dish.
- Combine baking mix, remaining 1 tablespoon Spread and 6 tablespoon water in small bowl. Dollop over casserole. Bake 20 minutes or until biscuits are browned and cooked through.
- Cost per recipe*: $5.88 Cost per serving*: $1.47 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.