Nacho-Style Macaroni & Cheese
- Recipe Serves: 8
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 30 min
- 3 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt Spread in 3-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Gradually add milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, then stir in 3/4 cup each Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese, salt and pepper until cheese is melted.
- Combine macaroni, chiles and tomatoes in 3-quart baking dish; stir in cheese sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses, then top with jalapeno pepper.
- Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||170|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||52 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||20 %|
|Vitamin C||20 %|