Recipe Serves: 16
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
All-American Brownie Sundaes with Caramel Sauce
This brownie is so decadant and delicious even without the ice cream and caramel sauce!
- 1 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 4 squares (1 oz. ea.) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Your favorite Breyers® Ice Cream
- 2/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 1/3 cup heavy cream [or whipping cream ]
- 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- For Brownies, preheat oven to 350°. Line 13 x 9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, then grease and flour; set aside.
- Melt Country Crock® Spread and chocolate squares in 3-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, then eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt until blended.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Lift brownies from pan using aluminum foil. Cut into 16 squares.
- For Caramel Sauce, bring brown sugar, Country Crock® Spread and cream just to a boil in 2-quart saucepan over high heat, stirring frequently. Cook 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in vinegar. To serve, top warm brownies with a scoop of Breyers® Ice Cream, then drizzle with Caramel Sauce and, if desired, dollop with whipped cream.