Recipe Serves: 6
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
Southern Sausage Gravy With Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1/2 cup) Country Crock® Spread
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- SAUSAGE GRAVY:
- 8 ounces breakfast sausage, crumbled
- 2 cups milk
- 3 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- For Biscuits, in large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. With pastry blender or two knives, cut in Country Crock® Spread until mixture is size of coarse crumbs. Gradually drizzle in buttermilk, then stir until just moistened. On lightly floured board, gently press into 8-inch round. Using 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut out 6 biscuits. On ungreased baking sheet, arrange biscuits. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, for Sausage Gravy, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, brown sausage, breaking up with wooden spoon. Remove sausage from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, whisk all ingredients over medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to low and return sausage to skillet. Simmer 5 minutes or until desired thickness. To serve, top biscuits with Sausage Gravy.