Blueberry Bundt Cake
Bursting with fresh blueberries and draped with a lemon glaze, this cake is ideal for breakfast, brunch or dessert.
- Recipe Serves: 12
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 55 min
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed, dried and tossed with 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350°. Generously grease and flour 10-inch Bundt pan; set aside.
- Combine 3 cups flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in medium bowl with wire whisk; set aside.
- Beat Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D with 2 cups granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in 2 teaspoons vanilla, scraping sides occasionally. Alternately beat in flour mixture and sour cream on low speed, just until blended, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar with blueberries. Gently fold blueberry mixture into cake batter. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely.
- For glaze, blend confectioners sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in medium bowl; drizzle over cake.
Cost per recipe*: $12.00.
Cost per serving*: $1.00.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
** Also delicious with Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||110|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||82 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||6 %|
|Vitamin A||20 %|