Baked Potato Soup
Enjoy this potato soup recipe, which is simple to make yet substantial.
- Recipe Serves: 6
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium baking potatoes (about 12 oz. ea.), baked*, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 4 oz.)
- Melt Country Crock® Spread in 4-quart saucepot over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in potato, milk and broth. Blend with a hand mixer until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Cover and let stand 2 minutes; stir until smooth. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and serve, if desired, with crumbled bacon, chopped green onions and sour cream.
*Try using microwaved or boiled mashed potatoes.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||10 %|
|Vitamin C||35 %|