Philly Cheese Steak Salad
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 1 lb. boneless sirloin steak
- 4 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 2 medium green and/or red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 package (10 oz.) white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 5 slices American cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 1 bag (8 to 10 oz.) torn romaine lettuce leaves or baby spinach leaves
- Season steak, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread over medium-high heat and cook steak, turning once, 6 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove from skillet. Let rest, then thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, in same skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons Spread over medium-high heat and cook green peppers, mushrooms and onion, stirring occasionally, 12 minutes or until onion is golden and tender. Stir in broth and vinegar, then top with cheese. Cover and cook 2 minutes. Remove cover and stir until cheese is melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss 1/2 of the pepper mixture with lettuce. Arrange on serving platter, then top with steak and remaining pepper mixture.
TIP: Try serving on Italian rolls for Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||190|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||120 %|
|Vitamin C||90 %|