Quick & Easy Bean Dip
The chipotle pepper sauce adds a touch of smoky flavor to this easy-to-make dip.
- Makes 1 1/4 cups
- Prep Time 5 min
- Cook Time 5 min
- 1/4 cup Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D
- 1 can (16 oz.) pinto beans or black beans or kidney beans , drained
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. chipotle pepper sauce*
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 2 oz.)
- Combine all ingredients except cheese in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave covered at HIGH 2 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Mash with fork, then stir in cheese. Microwave an additional 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish, if desired, with additional cheese, sour cream and/or salsa and serve with veggie dippers or chips.
*Use more or less according to taste.
Cost per recipe*: $1.95.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Portion||2 Tbsp.||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||40|
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbs||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin D||0 %|
|Vitamin C||2 %|
|Vitamin A||6 %|