Quick & Easy Chicken Cacciatore
You can easily substitute 1 pound boneless chicken breasts for the chicken thighs.
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 25 min
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D
- 2 medium green and/or red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (10 oz.) white button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves or thyme leaves, crushed
- Season chicken, if desired , with salt and black pepper. Melt Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken, turning once. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add green peppers, mushrooms and onion to same skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sauce and oregano and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and return chicken to skillet. Simmer covered until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes.
Cost per recipe*: $7.78
Cost per serving*: $1.95
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
See Nutritional information for sodium content
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||130|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin C||110 %|
|Vitamin A||10 %|