Classic Macaroni 'N Cheese
The ideal comfort food. Try with spiral macaroni for a change too.
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 25 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- 4 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 4 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk, divided
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread, then combine with bread crumbs; set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in 4-quart saucepan over medium heat and cook flour, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Stir in 1/2 cup milk with wire whisk. Bring just to a boil, stirring frequently. Stir in remaining 1 cup milk. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, then stir in cheese, salt and pepper until cheese is melted. Stir in macaroni, then turn into 8-inch baking pan; top with bread crumbs.
- Broil until breadcrumbs are lightly browned.
Cost per recipe*: $4.94 Cost per serving*: $1.24 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||220|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||84 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||25 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|