Makes 2 cups
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
Onion-Smothered Hot Dogs
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 1/2 lbs. Spanish onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 8 hot dogs, grilled, broiled or boiled
- 8 hot dog buns [or frankfurter buns ]
- Melt Country Crock® Spread in 12-inch skillet over medium heat and cook onions with water, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. Stir in ketchup and brown sugar and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Serve over hot dogs...or use as a topping for grilled or broiled burgers, steaks or chops.
- Cost per recipe*: $6.96. Cost per serving*: $.87. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.