Slow Cooker African Chicken Stew
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 3 hr
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into large size pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 Knorr® Chicken flavored Bouillon Cube(s), crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- Spray 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Melt Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Remove chicken to slow cooker.
- Stir salsa, peanut butter, red pepper, onion and Knorr® Chicken flavored Bouillon Cube(s) into slow cooker. Cook covered on HIGH 3 to 4 hours or LOW 6 to 8 hours. Stir in lime juice and garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh cilantro. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked rice.