Country-Style Glazed Ham
- Recipe Serves: 26
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 2 hr
- 5 lbs. fully-cooked ham butt end
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (350 mL) apricot preserves
- 2 Tbsp. brown mustard [or Dijon-style mustard ]
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 can (20 oz.) sliced pineapple in natural juice, drained (reserve 1 Tbsp. juice)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Lightly score (cut) outside of ham. Arrange ham, cut side down, in 13- x 9-inch shallow casserole or baking pan; cover with Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin Daluminum foil. Bake 1 hour.
- Melt Country Crock® Calcium plus Vitamin D in small saucepan and cook onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, then stir in preserves, mustard, brown sugar, 2 pineapple slices, chopped, and reserved pineapple juice; set aside. Reserve remaining pineapple slices.
- Remove foil and pour glaze over ham; arrange pineapple slices on and around ham. Bake uncovered an additional 1 hour or until ham reaches 140°, spooning sauce over ham 2 times. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve pan drippings with sliced ham.
Cost per recipe*: $14.91
Cost per serving*: $1.49
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||30|
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin A||6 %|
|Vitamin C||6 %|