Recipe Serves: 4
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||65 minutes|
|Portion per serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||180|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbs||36 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||60 %|
|Vitamin C||20 %|
Chicken & Dumplings
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 lbs. whole chicken, cut into serving pieces and skin removed
- 5 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- For Chicken, combine 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper in large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat; set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in large nonstick saucepot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and brown chicken, turning once; remove and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon Spread and cook onion, celery and carrot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until vegetables are golden. Add thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add broth and chicken. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer covered 30 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken; cool slightly. Remove meat from chicken bones, then return meat to saucepot.
- Meanwhile, for Dumplings, combine remaining 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons Spread; add milk and parsley. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Bring chicken mixture to a boil over high heat. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into broth. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, 12 minutes or until dumplings are cooked. (Do not remove lid until end of cook time.)