Recipe Serves: 4
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||12 minutes|
Fried Catfish with Cucumber Slaw
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 lb. catfish fillets
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- 6 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- Cucumber Slaw*
- Pour buttermilk over catfish in large bowl; set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, salt and pepper in pie plate or shallow dish. Remove catfish from buttermilk; shake off excess buttermilk, then evenly coat in cornmeal mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook catfish, in batches, turning once, 6 minutes or until catfish flakes with a fork, adding more Spread as needed. Serve with Cucumber Slaw.
- *Cucumber Slaw: Combine 1 medium cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced, 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and 1/4 cup Italian dressing in medium bowl.