Recipe Serves: 12
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||12 minutes|
|Portion 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||40|
|Total Fat||7 %|
|Saturated Fat||5 %|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber||8 %|
|Vitamin A||110 %|
|Vitamin C||20 %|
Jerk Potato Salad
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes [or yams], peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 lb. yucca, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 cup grated jicama
- 3/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise
- Cover potatoes and yucca with water in 4-quart saucepot, adding salt, if desired. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 12 minutes or just until potatoes are tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet; let cool.
- Meanwhile, melt Country Crock® Spread in 10-inch skillet over medium heat and cook onion with jerk seasoning, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Stir in lime juice.
- Combine cooled potatoes, onion mixture and remaining ingredients in large serving bowl. Chill, if desired.
- Cost per recipe*: $5.13. Cost per serving*: $0.43. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.