Recipe Serves: 4
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|Portion 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||130|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||50 %|
|Vitamin C||50 %|
- 1 1/2 lbs. plum tomatoes [or vine-ripe tomatoes]
- 6 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 eggs
- Cut out stem of tomatoes and score an ''X'' mark on bottom. Cook tomatoes in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, 10 minutes or until skin is blackened. Remove tomatoes from skillet. Cool, peel and chop tomatoes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in same skillet over medium heat and cook onion with jalapeno pepper, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thickened. Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towels. Melt 1 tablespoon Spread in skillet over medium-high heat and cook 2 tortillas, turning once, 2 minutes or until golden. Arrange on serving plates. Repeat with 1 tablespoon Spread and remaining 2 tortillas.
- Melt 1 tablespoon Spread in same skillet and cook 2 eggs over medium heat to desired doneness. Arrange eggs on tortillas. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon Spread and 2 eggs.
- Top with tomato sauce and sprinkle, if desired, with crumbled queso fresco.
- See nutrition information for saturated fat content.