Recipe Serves: 4
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
Chicken Breasts With Creamy Roasted Poblanos
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted*, peeled, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese(about 1 oz.)
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook chicken, turning once, 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons Spread in same skillet and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in poblano peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in crema and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve chicken topped with poblano mixture, then sprinkled with cheese.
- * To roast poblano peppers, grill peppers, or broil in a broiler pan lined with aluminum foil, about 10 minutes or until blackened on all sides, turning occasionally. Wrap in foil and let cool; set aside.