Chicken Breasts With Creamy Roasted Poblanos
Pechugas de Pollo con Rajas
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 30 min
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted*, peeled, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 1 oz.)
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook chicken, turning once, 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons Spread in same skillet and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in poblano peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in crema and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve chicken topped with poblano mixture, then sprinkled with cheese.
* To roast poblano peppers, grill peppers, or broil in a broiler pan lined with aluminum foil, about 10 minutes or until blackened on all sides, turning occasionally. Wrap in foil and let cool; set aside.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||150|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||20 %|
|Vitamin C||35 %|