Makes 8 patties
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||18 minutes|
- 5 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 cups arepa flour (pre-cooked corn meal)
- 1/2 cup shredded queso blanco cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Stir 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Spread in warm water until melted. Combine corn meal, cheese, salt and warm water mixture in medium bowl. Let stand 5 minutes, then form into 8 disks (3-1/2-inches round x 1/4-inch thick).
- Melt 2 tablespoons Spread over medium heat in 12-inch skillet and cook 1/2 of the arepas, turning once, 9 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Repeat with remaining Spread and arepas.