Homestyle Chicken & Rice
- Recipe Serves: 6
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 35 min
- 4 lbs. roasting chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr Adobo Rub*
- 4 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 packet Knorr® Sazon with Coriander and Annatto
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 3 Tbsp. green olives with pimento,sliced
- 1 Tbsp. small capers
- Season chicken with Knorr Adobo Rub. Melt 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Spread in deep 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Drain fat if necessary.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons Spread in same skillet and cook onion, red pepper and garlic, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in rice and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until rice is golden.
- Stir in water, Knorr® Sazon with Coriander and Annatto. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add chicken, olives and capers. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
*KNORR ADOBO RUB: Combine 2 packets Knorr® Sazon with Coriander and Annatto, 3 Tbsp. EACH onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper, 1-1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed and Knorr® Chicken flavored Bouillon. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||320|
|Total Fat||35 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||48 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||30 %|
|Vitamin C||70 %|