Sopa de Calabaza
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 40 min
- 1/4 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 lbs. fresh calabaza [or butternut squash], peeled and cubed (about 8 cups)
- 1 garlic
- 3 cups water*
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 cup light cream [or half and half ]
- Melt Country Crock® Spread in 4-quart saucepot over medium heat and cook onion with calabaza, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until almost tender. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in water and Bouillon. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until calabaza is tender. Stir in cream; heat through. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Process soup in blender or food processor, in batches, until smooth. Return soup to saucepot. Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Garnish, if desired, with crumbled queso fresco and chopped cilantro.
*Add more or less water for desired consistency.
Cost per recipe*: $ 3.09
Cost per serving*: $.77
* Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||160|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||33 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||520 %|
|Vitamin C||90 %|