Caramelized Onion & Ham Tortas
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 8 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 4 Kaiser or round rolls, halved horizontally
- 1/2 cup refried black beans, heated
- 4 ounces thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño pepper slices
- Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion covered, stirring frequently, 10 minutes or until onion is golden. Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper; set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons Spread in same skillet and cook ham, turning once, 2 minutes or until golden. Remove ham and set aside.
- Evenly spread cut-sides of rolls with remaining 4 tablespoons Spread and cook one at a time, cut-side down, in same skillet, pressing occasionally, 1 minute or until golden.
- Spread rolls with refried beans. Top with ham, cheese, avocado, jalapeno peppers and sauteed onion, then remaining rolls. Serve warm.
|Portion||per serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||270|
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||44 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
|Vitamin C||15 %|
|Vitamin A||25 %|