Cuban Fu Fu
- Recipe Serves: 8
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 4 sweet plantains, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- Cover plantains with water in 4-quart saucepot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes or until plantains are tender. Drain and mash; set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt Country Crock® Spread in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. Combine plantains, onion mixture and 1/2 of the bacon in serving bowl. Garnish with remaining bacon.
TIP: Add a bit of salt to the water when cooking plantains to bring out more flavor.
|Portion||per serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||30|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||25 %|
|Vitamin C||30 %|