Recipe Serves: 4
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
Poblano Rice Gratin
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1/4 cup white onion
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 3 tsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon, divided
- 2 ears corn-on-the-cob, kernels removed
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise, divided
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema [or sour cream]
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Melt Country Crock® Spread in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in rice and cook 1 minute. Stir in water and 2 teaspoons Knorr® Chicken Bouillon and cook covered 10 minutes. Stir in corn and cook covered an additional 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Fluff rice with fork, then stir in poblano peppers, remaining Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and 1 tablespoon Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise. Combine remaining Mayonnaise with crema in small bowl.
- Turn rice mixture into 7 x 10-inch glass baking dish, then top with mayonnaise mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted.
- Cost per recipe*: $6.44. Cost per serving*: $1.61. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.