Rockin' Rainbow Popsicle Cake
- Recipe Serves: 12
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 28 min
- Chill Time 30 min
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 1 box (1 lb.) confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup rainbow colored sprinkles
- 12 Popsicle® Dora the Explorer™ Ice Pops, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray two 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix with egg whites according to cake mix package directions; pour into prepared pans. Bake cake according to package directions. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, beat Spread, confectioners sugar and vanilla in mixing bowl with electric mixer until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 cup frosting on bottom cake layer. Top with remaining cake layer, then frost with remaining frosting. Garnish with sprinkles. Just before serving, press Popsicle® Dora the Explorer™ Ice Pops vertically around outside of cake. Serve one wedge of cake with each Ice Pop.
TIP: For cupcakes, prepare as above baking according to cake mix package directions for cupcakes; frost. Use 24 Popsicle® Ice Pops and insert into center of each cupcake. Makes 24 cupcakes.
By using Shedd’s Spread Country Crock® instead of butter in this recipe, you reduce the amount of saturated fat by 3.5g and save 20 calories per serving.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||50|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||84 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin C||50 %|
|Vitamin A||6 %|