Mexican Croque Madame
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- 4 ounces chorizo sausage, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 large slices Italian bread, toasted
- 2 Tbsp. Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- Brown chorizo in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove chorizo and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in same skillet over medium heat and cook flour, stirring constantly, until toasted, about 2 minutes. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over high heat and boil until thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Cover and set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon Spread in same skillet over medium heat and cook eggs almost to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, arrange toast on broiler-proof serving plates. Evenly top with chorizo. Stir Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise into cheese sauce with wire whisk and pour over chorizo. Broil until golden, about 1 minute. Top with eggs.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||290|
|Total Fat||32 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||20 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|