Red Velvet Cupcakes
Start with a boxed cake mix to easily make these popular cupcakes.
- Makes 24 cupcakes
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 18 min
- 1 box (16.5 oz.) yellow cake mix
- Water as specified on cake mix box
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 1 Tbsp. red food coloring
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 box (16 oz.) confectioners sugar (about 3-1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper cupcake liners; set aside.
- Beat cake mix, water, cocoa powder, eggs, 1/2 cup Country Crock® Spread and food coloring in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Evenly spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans and cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining 1/2 cup Spread and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in confectioners sugar on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Spread on cooled cupcakes.
|Portion||1 cupcake||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||80|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||37 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||10 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|