Chocolate Lovers' Cake
- Recipe Serves: 12
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 35 min
- Chill Time 15 min
- 3/4 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 6 squares (1 oz. ea.) bittersweet chocolate or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, coarsely chopped
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 10 squares (1 oz. ea.) bittersweet chocolate or 1-2/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, coarsely chopped
- For CAKE, preheat oven to 350°. Grease 9-inch round cake pan, then line with parchment or waxed paper; set aside.
- Melt 3/4 cup Country Crock® Spread with chocolate in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally; set aside to cool slightly. Beat egg whites with salt in medium bowl with electric mixer until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer until light and ribbony, about 2 minutes. While beating, slowly add chocolate mixture until blended. Beat in flour. Fold in egg white mixture with spatula just until blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 minutes. (Note: Toothpick inserted in center will come out with moist crumbs.) Run knife around rim of cake to loosen cake from sides of pan; cool 15 minutes on wire rack. Remove cake from pan and cool completely.
- For GLAZE, melt 5 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread with chocolate in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Spread warm glaze over cake.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||230|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||34 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||15 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|