Easy Anytime Casserole
Make it your own by customizing with your family's favorites!*
- Recipe Serves: 6
- Prep Time 20 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 1/4 cup Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Spread
- 2 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 3 cups cut-up pre-cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces dry pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 lb. cooked assorted vegetables or frozen vegetables, thawed, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Whisk together Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Spread, milk, flour and onion powder in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until sauce is thick and creamy.
- Combine sauce with remaining ingredients, season if desired with fresh ground pepper. Turn into 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
*Customize the casserole with your family's favorite cheese, lean protein (turkey, pork or extra lean ground beef) and seasonings, such as garlic powder, Italian Seasoning or cayenne pepper sauce. Pasta can also be substituted for 2 cups cooked rice, or 1 lb. cooked potatoes, cut into chunks.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||130|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||49 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin C||8 %|
|Vitamin A||40 %|