Makes 3 dozen
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
|Stand Time||1 hours 15 minutes|
|Portion 1 biscotti|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||35|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||2 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
Chocolate-Dipped Candy Cane Biscotti
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Spread
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup crushed starlight mints [or candy canes] (about 8 mints or 2 candy canes)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat sugar and Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Spread in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping sides occasionally. Beat in peppermint extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture until blended. Stir in 1/4 cup chips. Divide dough in half.
- Shape dough into two flat logs, about 12 x 2-inches each on lightly floured surface. Arrange on ungreased baking sheet, 3 inches apart.
- Bake 30 minutes or until lightly golden. Carefully remove to wire rack, cool 15 minutes.
- Cut logs crosswise into 1/2-inch thick diagonal slices on cutting board. Arrange cookies cut-side down on baking sheet. Bake an additional 15 minutes, turning once. Remove to wire rack, cool completely.
- Microwave remaining 1 1/4 cups chips In medium microwave-safe bowl at HIGH until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed candy. Arrange cookies on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until chocolate is set, about 1 hour. Store in airtight container.