Basil Pasta with Peas
- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti or regular spaghetti
- 1/4 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, removing and reserving 1 cup pasta cooking water before draining.
- Melt Country Crock® Spread in large skillet over medium heat and cook garlic 1 minute or until fragrant. Add peas and cook, stirring, until heated through.
- Add cooked spaghetti, lemon juice and 3/4 to 1 cup reserved cooking water. Add basil; toss. Serve, if desired, with grated Parmesan cheese.
Cost per Recipe: $2.71*
Cost per Serving: $0.68*
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||53 g|
|Dietary Fiber||10 g|
|Vitamin C||30 %|
|Vitamin A||40 %|