- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 25 min
- Cook Time 1 hr 30 min
- 1 large fresh pumpkin (about 4 lbs.)
- 4 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 bulb garlic, halved
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken
- 1 cup sliced assorted wild mushrooms
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cut pumpkin in half and scoop out seeds. Score flesh with knife. Place cut sides up on large baking sheet. Rub flesh with 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread and season with pepper. Place 1/2 garlic bulb in center of each.
- Roast 1 hour or until tender. Let cool slightly.
- When cool enough to handle, scrape out pulp with large spoon. Set aside. Remove skins from garlic cloves. Melt 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion and garlic cloves, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and 2 tablespoons cheese and cook over low heat, stirring, 2 minutes. Add water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 tablespoons Spread in medium skillet over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Remove pumpkin mixture from heat and stir in cream. Let cool slightly then puree in blender, in batches if necessary, until smooth. Pour into soup bowls and top with mushrooms and remaining cheese.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||27 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin C||60 %|
|Vitamin A||560 %|