Make It Yours™ Cookie Recipe-Ice Cream Sandwiches
Soft and chewy cookies are delicious as ice cream sandwiches right out of the freezer!
- Recipe Serves: 18
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- Freeze Time 2 hr
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Country Crock® Buttery Sticks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups Breyers® Original Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- Rainbow colored sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375°. Beat Country Crock® Buttery Sticks, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Beat in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda just until blended.
- Drop dough by 2 tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart.
- Bake 19 to 10 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.
- Spread ice cream (about 3 Tablespoonfuls) on flat side of one cookie. Top with another cookie, flat side down. Roll in sprinkles and freeze. Repeat with remaining cookies, ice cream and sprinkles.
TIP: To change it up - try one of the following delicious variations and bake as directed in recipe.
Chocolate - Stir in 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder until blended. Bake as directed in recipe. Fill with chocolate ice cream and roll in chocolate sprinkles. Makes 18 sandwiches.
Peanut Butter - Stir in 3 Tbsp. extra crunchy peanut butter. Bake as directed in recipe. Fill with chocolate ice cream and roll in chopped peanut butter cups. Makes 18 sandwiches.
Mini - Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls and bake as directed in recipe. Fill with ice cream and roll in sprinkles. Makes 22 mini sandwiches.
TIP: Make it Yours and fill with your favorite ice cream flavor then roll in mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, chopped dried fruit, toasted coconut or assorted sprinkle colors.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||39 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin D||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|Vitamin A||2 %|