Make It Yours Cookie Recipe-Stacked Christmas Tree Cookies
Make Christmas special this year with this kid-friendly Stacked Christmas Tree Cookie recipe from Country Crock® Destined to be a holiday party favorite!
- Makes 14 cookies
- Prep Time 25 min
- Cook Time 12 min
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Country Crock® Buttery Sticks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Assorted candies, sprinkles and food coloring
- For COOKIES, preheat oven to 375°. Beat Country Crock® Buttery Sticks, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Beat in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda just until blended.
- Divide dough in half. Using one half, drop dough by level tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart. (You should have 28.) Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.
- Using 2/3 of remaining half of cookie dough, drop dough by 2 teaspoonfuls on baking sheets. (You should have 28). Bake 8 to 10 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.
- Using remaining cookie dough, drop dough by level teaspoonfuls, on baking sheets. (You should have 28). Bake 6 to 8 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.
- For GLAZE/DECORATIONS, Combine confectioners' sugar with water in medium bowl and stir until smooth. For each cookie tree, spread glaze over top of 1 large cookie, top with sprinkles and place on flat surface, glazed side up. Repeat with another large cookie, 2 medium cookies and 2 small cookies, stacking immediately after glazing and decorating. Top with decorative candy.
Tip: These cookies are also terrific when made with our Country Crock® Spread. Simply increase the flour by 1/2 cup. Our spread is so creamy there's no need to use the mixer!
|Portion||1 cookie||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||81 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|Vitamin A||15 %|