Make It Yours Cookie Recipe-Christmas Cookie Wreath
Feeling festive? Get in the holiday spirit with this easy, family-friendly Christmas Cookie Wreath recipe, brought to you by Country Crock®.
- Makes 3 1/2 dozen
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 12 min
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Country Crock® Buttery Sticks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 4 tsp. water
- Sprinkles, red ribbon-shaped fruit flavored snack, peppermint candy
- For COOKIES, preheat oven to 375°. Beat Country Crock® Buttery Sticks, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Beat in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda just until blended.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.
- For GLAZE/DECORATIONS, stir confectioners sugar and water in medium bowl until smooth. Drizzle cookies with glaze and top with sprinkles.
- To make wreath, arrange 16 cookies in circular pattern, overlapping slightly, to form a wreath shape. Shape fruit flavored snack into decorative bow and place on wreath. Secure a peppermint candy in center of bow with additional glaze. Serve remaining cookies on a platter or, if desired, make additional cookie wreaths.
Tip: These cookies are also terrific when made with our Country Crock® Spread. Simply increase the flour by 1/2 cup. Our spread is so creamy there's no need to use the mixer!
|Portion||1 cookie||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||40|
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin D||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|