Fettuccine with Fall Veggies in a Tomato Cream Sauce
- Recipe Serves: 8
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- 1 box (13.5 oz.) whole wheat fettuccine or linguine
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) tomato puree
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt Country Crock® Spread in large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes, making sure onion and garlic don't burn. Add tomato puree and remove pan from heat. While stirring, slowing stir in milk until blended.
- Cook over medium heat and reduce sauce for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and cauliflower and cook 5 minutes. Add peas and cook 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in 1 1/2 cups basil and season, if desired, with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked fettuccine to sauce and stir. Garnish with remaining 1/2 cup chopped basil and serve with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||40|
|Total Fat||5.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||56 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
|Vitamin A||45 %|
|Vitamin C||70 %|