Ed's Chocolate Banana Cream Cake
- Recipe Serves: 12
- Prep Time 30 min
- Cook Time 30 min
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Country Crock® Spreadable Sticks, softened
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas, (about 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 box (3.4 oz) (3.4 oz.) instant vanilla pudding mix or banana cream pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (16 oz.) milk chocolate frosting
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans with Country Crock® Spreadable Sticks, then coat with flour.
- For CAKE, beat sugar with Spreadable Sticks in large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg yolks. Beat in mashed bananas, yogurt and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Beat egg whites in another bowl with clean beaters until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Spread evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack; remove from pans and cool completely.
- For FILLING/FROSTING, whisk pudding mix with milk in medium bowl 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir frosting in medium bowl until fluffy. Toss banana slices with lemon juice in another medium bowl. Spread 1/4 cup frosting on top of one cake layer. Top with half of the pudding mixture and half of the banana slices. Top with remaining cake layer, 1/4 cup frosting, remaining pudding mixture and remaining banana slices. Frost sides and decorate top edge of cake with remaining frosting. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
|Portion||12 servings||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||140|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbs||75 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin C||8 %|
|Vitamin A||10 %|